The past couple months have been challenging on everyone, which is why we’re so excited to finally reopen our doors. Members like you are the beating heart of our community, and we can’t wait to welcome you back.
Since times have changed, we’ve had to adjust a few things in our spaces. Your peace of mind, health and happiness are our number one priority: take a quick read through what we’ve implemented to keep you safe.
The Collective Paper Factory Cancellation Policies
We understand that plans change and booking travel right now might be stressful. To help ease your mind, we've updated our cancellation policy to increase flexibility and to make traveling a breeze. All reservations can be canceled by 3PM the day before you arrive without incurring any charges.
A Clean Slate
Cleanliness has always been a huge priority for us, bit now we're taking extra care.
- We’ve partnered with Proctor & Gamble so you know that our products are what you trust in your own home. The CleanPLUS Experience helps us to fully disinfect our spaces efficiently and safely.
- Our team will be cleaning high-touch areas such as elevator lobbies, the Hub and all shared and public spaces frequently and thoroughly.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available throughout our spaces.
- We’ve removed newspapers and magazines for the time being. If you need a news hit to start your day, we’d love to provide you with a digital version of the NY Times. Just ask!
- Before and after use all room keys will be placed into a new keyClean oven that uses a high-energy UV light to kill bacteria and viruses.
- Electrostatic foggers will be used to sanitize your room with CDC approved cleaning product.
Help Us to Help You
We’ll do everything we can to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable stay. All we ask is that you do a few small things in return to help our efforts.
- Face masks are the most important way to help prevent the spread of pesky germs. Respect your neighbors and please wear a mask at all times while utilizing our communal spaces.
- Don’t mind our temporary plexi-glass wall at the Hub. Don’t be shy, stop by – we’re here to help with anything you need throughout your stay.
- In line with CDC guidelines, we ask that you maintain a 6 feet distance and avoid over-crowding in lifts and communal spaces.
- Most importantly, if you’re not feeling well or are showing any symptoms of COVID-19, we ask that you postpone your stay until you’re well enough to travel.
Our team is on hand to help you throughout your stay. All of our team will be wearing disposable face masks and gloves and are fully trained to operate new protective equipment used to disinfect each space safely and securely. We’re smiling at you from under our masks!